November Week 1: Pharyngeal Abscess vs. Tonsillitis
1) What are the benefits of antimicrobial therapy in Group A strep infections? What are the potential treatment options?
2) What are the potential complications of pharyngitis?
3) Why are children more susceptible to acute airway compromise?
4) How does the clinical presentation of retropharyngeal abscess progress?
5) What are the classic symptoms of a peritonsillar abscess?
6) What methods can be used to differentiate between a peritonsillar abscess and retropharyngeal abscess?
7) What are the differences in treatment between retrophayngeal abcesses and peritonsillar abscesses?