Diversity and Inclusion
At Georgetown we embrace diversity in our residency, our faculty, and our community. We understand that an inclusive academic program will enrich our learning environment and improve care of the patients we serve. Our program is dedicated to recruiting and retaining a diverse group of residents and faculty. Our team welcomes members of all ages, ethnicities, genders, races, religions, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Some of the ways we are learning
- Faculty Development
- Faculty retreats focusing on combating implicit bias in the residency interview process and micro-aggression
- Working with Dean Susan Cheng
- Resident retreats focusing on implicit bias
- Recurrent grand rounds topics on diversity and inclusion
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Georgetown Women in Medicine
- Advocacy with the DC AAP
- Division of Community Pediatrics at MedStar Health
We are committed to serving our vastly diverse community in Washington D.C. Our students serve our community in many different ways, including food bank service, annual backpack and food drives, as well as fundraising activities directly benefiting our community.