Residents interested in doing an elective in Nephrology should:
- email Dr. Mohtat a few weeks in advance to check availability
- read as many of the following articles prior to starting the rotation.
Residents will attend clinics on Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings at Georgetown as well as on Wednesday mornings at Fairfax. Inpatient rounds will occur in the morning or pre/post clinic depending on how busy the clinic is.
- The Fourth Report on the Diagnosis, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure in Children and Adolescents
- The Society for Fetal Urology consensus statement on the evaluation and management of antenatal hydronephrosis
From Peds In Review:
- Chronic Kidney Diease in Children
- Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- UTI & VUR
Other Pertinent Articles
- Antenatally diagnosed hydronephrosis
- Complement disorders and HUS
- Heritable forms of hypertension
- Risk for long term renal impairment and duration of follow-up for HSP
- Management of childhood onset nephrotic syndrome
- Nocturnal Enuresis
- Approach to hematuria in children
- Post-streptococcal acute glomerulonephritis in children
- STEC-HUS, atypical HUS and TTP are all diseases of complement activation.