May Week 3: Parasites
Articles in Brief
1. What is the lifecycle of a pinworm?
2. How do they usually present clinically?
3. How do we diagnose pinworms?
4. What are the best prevention and treatment measures?
1. What is the lifecycle of a scabies mite?
2. How does scabies present clinically?
3. How is scabies diagnosed?
4. What are the best methods of prevention and treatment?
Giardiasis and Cryptosporidiosis
1. How does Giardiasis spread?
2. Who does Giardiasis and Cryptosporidiosis typically affect?
3. How can Giardiasis present? Who is at risk?
4. How can Giardiasis be diagnosed and treated?
Cases by Dr. Kelsey Fawcett