How to Apply
We will be having virtual interviews beginning in November via Zoom on Tuesdays and Fridays.
All applications for the residency program are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). No other form of application is accepted.
Our Application Deadline is December 1.
We require the completed ERAS application, which includes:
- Personal Statement
- Dean’s Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation (a Chair’s letter is not required)
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Scores/Comlex Scores
- ECFMG certification
- We sponsor the J-1 visa only
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the recruitment process
Overall, we use a Holistic Review Framework drawn from the AAMC’s Roadmap to Diversity document, as we feel that is the gold standard for increasing diversity in our program and creating a sense of inclusion and equity in our recruitment process. It is also essential in maintaining an inclusive culture for trainees once they join our program and ensuring they have equitable opportunities for advancement and leadership opportunities.
- On our review committee we integrate knowledge and skills from training in implicit bias reduction when reviewing letters of recommendation.
- We utilize ranking criteria that account for life experience that might make an applicant better prepared to work with the under-served, marginalized communities we serve.
- We deliberately develop our criteria for ranking both applications and applicants during and after their interview days BEFORE we review applications and maintain those criteria throughout the recruitment process.
- The criteria are specifically chosen to help us determine which applicants will best help us achieve our mission and uphold our values.
- Behavioral Interviewing: For the past six years, we have utilized behavioral interviewing to create equity across applicant interviews and to decrease the influence of implicit bias on the questions that individual applicants are asked.
- As a committee, we reflect on our process each year and seek to improve it based on the outcome of our recruitment process.